Sunday, September 28, 2014

Paris

We flew into Paris during the spring time,
but took the first train ride to Lyon.

We stayed in a tiny hotel room with a tiny room called a bathroom.
Ate some fancy cheese with French people who were too ignorant to learn English.
On the plus side we had crepes with nutella every day for breakfast.

"We're here to get the job done. There's no time to be tourists."

I went to McDonald's twice but I didn't even get to see the Eiffel Tower.
Well I saw the tower from the plane window, but that doesn't count.
We flew all that way and I didn't even get to roam the streets of the most creative city on the planet.

I wanted to be a tourist.
I wanted to sit under the Eiffel Tower while listening to M83. 
They're French right?

So what if Paris is dirty?
I wanted to soak up the feeling of inspiration.
Maybe it's in the water?
No, the water tasted like shit.

Lyon sucked.
It was windy the whole time.
But it was sunny so it was neither hot nor cold.
More cold than hot.

McDonald's was better than here. 
More expensive but still worth it.
The people were rude,
but not as bad as everyone says they are.



Next time I'll go to Amsterdam.
But I wouldn't mind actually going to Paris.

1 comment:

  1. 'We flew all that way and I didn't even get to roam the streets of the most creative city on the planet.'
    sometimes we're just too busy to enjoy the things that we have ventured so far to embrace, and you never realize it until you're too busy to find exactly that.

    I like how this post made me think, well done my friend

    ReplyDelete